Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Sarcelle oh Sarcelle, why must you treat me so?

Things are NOT going well around this part. Just as I've almost got the pattern repeat memorized, THIS happens:
Yuppers. Those are dropped stitches. On purpose. Because I screwed up. Mistakes in lace knitting = NO FUN! I've already spent hours on those measely little couple inches. I am NOT, I repeat NOT sending it to the frog pond. Besides, it'd be a pain to frog it since the stitches kind of catches on to one another like mohair does. What actually happened was I was missing a stitch on the edge. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, so I simply decided to increase a stitch. It was right on the edge, and after blocking, shouldn't be noticeable. I put it down last night, and woke up this morning to see that I've screwed up. I had accidentally shifted the pattern one stitch over. It was about 6 rows down so I thought maybe, maybe just perhaps I can dropped the stitches and fix it. It's no fun when you got yos, pfbs, and kfbs. No siree. Not having much luck so far, but I'll look at it a bit later. I really need to get some work done on my research. That's going to be on fun either since I'm trying to program something, and that also requires debuggin. Arg.

On a happier note, look what I got in the mail today! Socks That Rock in Midsummer Night and Rose Quartz. I love handpainted yarns in different colours ... when they are still in a skein. But once you knit it up, the colour's too busy for me. I prefer solids or near solids. Hm, any suggestions what to make with these?
The Jaeger Matchmaker Merino DK is for this. Now I just need to wait for my needles to come before I can get started on it! Can't wait!

No comments: