Monday, December 11, 2006

My very first KAL!

I've joined my VERY first KAL! It's Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge. I'm planning to knit Eunny's Anemoi Mittens with RYC Cashsoft 4 ply in a charcoal grey colour, and a mauve colour. Just bought the yarn from the local LYS. Sorry, don't have any pics to show because by the time I got home, it was way too dark for decent pics. This is also the very first time I'm trying out fair isle. Looking forward to it. Hopefully, by joining the KAL, I'll have some motivation to finish it! It's a pair of mittens, so theoretically, it shouldn't be too time consuming. Um ... I'm setting myself a goal of December 31? It's totally do-able. We'll c.

In other news, remember in the last post I said there was no way I'm frogging Sarcelle? I ended up ripping back a couple rows and then picking the stitches back up. It's all good ... EXCEPT that it's going VERY VERY slowly! It's now taking me about 35 minutes to do a 6 row repeat. At least I've got the pattern down.

Probably start swatching for the Deep V Argyle Vest tonight or tomorrow. I really need to get some work done around here. Been having a bit of personal problems lately, and that's affecting EVERYTHING. School, sleep, knitting, eating ... It's like, I'm hungry, but the smell and thought of food makes me want to throw up! Well, this started BEFORE the "personal problems" started, but it's been a like a week now. Maybe I should go to the doctor's.

No comments: