Thursday, December 14, 2006

Come Ye, Come All!

Look what I've started! I've decided to knit this for the Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge instead of the Anemoi Mittens. I actually casted on a couple days ago and had gone up to the first row of colourwork, but then, realized I had casted on for the wrong size. So off to the frog pond it went.

This is what I knitted up yesterday:

I also didn't swatch. Shame on me. :( I actually tried, but trying to knit fair isle in the round on DPNs is rather difficult, and I didn't think I'd get same gauge on circulars anyway so I just went with it. The yarn had the same gauge as what's called for, only difference being I was supposed to use 4mm instead of 3.5mm, but for some reason, I didn't realize that until I was in the 4th or 5th row of colourwork, and I was NOT going to rip it out again for a 2nd time. I checked though, I'm not THAT off, so a good blocking should solve that problem.
I'm really enjoying the fair isle, although my hands got tired really quickly. I held one strand in each hand, and I guess I wasn't used to the continental knitting style. I'm using Clover bamboo circulars. You wanna see the back? Come on, you know you wanna!

Not bad for a first-timer, eh? This is actually a first time of many things. First knitted garment. First knitting in the round (aside from socks). First fair isle project. I'm loving it!

No comments: