Thursday, November 30, 2006

What can you do with 1375 yd of laceweight yarn in 5 hours?

This is what you get:
It took me 5 whole hours to wind the skein of Merino Oro into a ball by hand. I don't have a swift or ball winder and I have yet to justify spending money on that ... for now. I contemplated actually knitting from the skein, but the thoughts of undoing the mess of knots put me off that idea. I wanted to start Sarcelle, but I think I've had enough of this yarn for the night. Time to get some rest.

2 comments:

Knittypants said...

Ouch, 5 hours! I don't mind hand winding, but I don't think I could go that long! My sympathies :-)

michelle said...

Ha ha, thanks! I was watching tv the whole time, so that eased some of the pain. I was so tempted to put it down, but the thought of possibly having it wind up a mess of knots the next time I picked it up kept me going.