Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mail Call!

I had ordered 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Purl from yarnela.com on Sunday. Guess what was waiting for me in the mailbox!? It took less than 2 days for it to arrive. Talk about service! This is the first time I've bought Lorna's Laces (even though I have been eyeing them for the longest time!) and I just LOVE the colourway.

What's a knitting blog without some knitting, right? I present to you my ALMOST complete Hedera Socks in Knit Picks Essential - Grass. It's a first of many things. It's the first time I've ever knitted socks. It's the first time I've knitted in the round (on DPNS or circulars). It's the first time I've knitted anything other than scarves. I'm so proud of myself! LOL. Just an inch or so more till the toe decrease. I hope to be finished by the end of this week, but I left my darning needle at home in Toronto, so have to wait till the weekend to graft the toe.

In some knitting-unrelated news, I just got an advertising email from 7 for all mankind. There's this denim skirt that I really like! It's the perfect length, unlike the ultra short ones that seem to be so popular lately. Not everyone has mile long legs you know! But it's a bit pricey, so hopefully I can find a cheaper substitute.

3 comments:

Home's Jewels said...

Great job on your first socks. I really like the pattern and color you chose. Nice blog :)

zippiknits...sometimes said...

LL is just so soft and nice. You'll just want to snuggle up to it, so watch the cats, they will want to, also. You do have a cat, right? just joking.

hakucho said...

I can't believe that's your first pair of socks. They're wonderful!! You should be proud of yourself.
Happy knitting :)