Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Finally! Some progress to show!

This is seriously a fun knit! I just can't put it down! I just want to finish knitting so I can try out steeking. Although I've never done it before, and actually quite nervous about it, but it keeps me motivated! About another inch or so and I'll be upt ot the armscye shaping. I'm a little too tight on the stitch gauge, about 2-3 stitches more per 4", but I've put it on scrap yarn before and tried it out, and it fits, so hopefully blocking it will help. I'm perfect on row gauge though! There's also a bit of puckering. I think that's inevitable, and hopefully, blocking it will even it out.
Yes, more yarn. I went on a bit of yarn binging a couple weeks ago when I was stuck here in Waterloo over the weekend. I just went a bit crazy on the internet shopping. The yarn on the left is Phildar Quietude in Aubergine (a new colour - it's a purple basically), and on the right, we have Phildar Lambswool in Noir.
The Quietude is for the first sweater. It's from Phildar Tendances Autumn 05 06. They didn't have an English version for this, so hopefully, I'll be able to translate the French. 9 years of French and finally it can serve a purpose! :p The Lambswool is destined for this cute little wrap cardi also from Phildar Tendances, but Spring 05. Luckily, there's an English version for this.



Sarcelle has been a little neglected lately. I'll try to work on her during the holidays, but seriously, it is one slow knit!

No comments: